The Coalition of Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders (CARD)
The Coalition of Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders (CARD) was established as a non-profit organization on March 24, 1993. CARD was started in response to a town meeting that was held by the Governor’s Task Force on Alzheimer’s in 1992. Our organization serves the residents of Colbert, Franklin, Lauderdale, Marion and Winston counties of Alabama.
Our purpose is to education and communicate to the public about Alzheimer’s Disease and related disorders and to support caregivers caring for those with these diseases.
Services We Offer:
- Annual Alzheimer’s Symposium is held the 1st Friday in November for healthcare professionals and caregivers. CEUs are provided for the healthcare professionals and the symposium is offered free to caregivers.
- Information about dementia, caregiving and community services
- Education presentations for clubs, service organizations and church groups.
- Lending library and educational materials prepared by DETA are available
- Resources for Families – a guide to community resources that can help people with dementia and their caregivers.